Here’s what I’ve been reading, from various corners of the web. Â Happy weekend!
- This beautiful Dansk baking dish was on major sale (as in 70% off) at CB Outlet last weekend â€“ might want to check the one nearest you. I canâ€™t wait to roast a chicken in it.
- Love these napkin ties, DIY of course, from Martha.
- Why donâ€™t we eat turkey eggs?
- Leahâ€™s mulled apple cider sangria looks like a great way to kick off this yearâ€™s meal.
- If youâ€™re feeling strong and open, read this beautiful, heartbreaking piece from Ariel Levy about her Thanksgiving in Mongolia. Bring the tissues.
- This will make a happy home on my table the week after Thanksgiving. (Why not?)
- When the holidays end and we can take a vacation, Iâ€™ll be heading here. (Canâ€™t believe it took the Times this long to cover!)
- Cooking I can do, but tablescapes are not my thing. This guide just became my bible. (Via Food52)
- We received this Madeira as a wedding gift (hi, Beth!), but I didnâ€™t realize until recently that I love it not only in tarts but in a glass, after dinner. Serve this to your guests after the Thanksgiving feast and you will see some very happyâ€”if very fullâ€”faces.
- I havenâ€™t loved the NYTâ€™s new multimedia features that much (though the SNL feature is a notable exception), but they did a really stellar job with their Essential Thanksgiving Guide. One essential recipe in each major category, a few variations for the adventurous (or bored), presented in a straightforward manner. Very helpful.
- While weâ€™re at it, Sam Siftonâ€™s lovely little book on Thanksgiving will guide you expertly through the next 7 days.
What about you? Share in the comments. Have a great weekend, friends.
Comments on this entry are closed.
Love this, Riv! Wish you and D a happy Thanksgivingukkah!!
Ditto! Have a great holiday.